Dates: To be confirmed
Duration: 25 hours
Location: Queen Mary Enterprise Zone/ Online
Course Fee: £685
By the end of the course you will understand;
- Historical introduction
- Cryptographic preliminaries
- Merkel trees and blockchains
- Blockchains and verification
- Proof of stake and proof of work
- Block propagation and difficulty adjustment
- Transactions in Bitcoins and Ethereum
- Lightning and off-chain transactions
- Types of attack
- Forks, and sizes and frequencies of blockchains
Blockchain is the technology that underpins Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. This module will give you a practical and theoretical knowledge of how blockchains work.
Blockchain promises to become a dominant technology in financial and other transactions, whether cryptocurrencies thrive or die.
This module will also give you a practical and theoretical knowledge of security issues with blockchains, where blockchains come from, how to analyse competing notions for blockchains (i.e. proof of stake vs proof of work and Bitcoin vs Ethereum), and what applications there are in the future.
Who is this course for?
Aimed those new to blockchain, our course will support individuals and SMEs to understand the current climate and future development of the technology.