Success on the Pitch: Online Training from Queen Mary Enterprise Zone
This course was designed to prepare SME leaders, entrepreneurs, and business development or sales professionals to hone their pitching skills and succeed in getting business or investment during challenging times. Delegates on this course crafted pitches for a customer or investor. Through crafting their own pitch over a week in real time, and collaborating with colleagues on theirs, delegates:
- learned to overcome the obstacles to effective pitching,
- developed an understanding of the power of status and how to enhance their own status,
- learned to get the attention of their audience,
- learned how to close with impact and seal the deal.
At the end of the week, delegates delivered their pitches to industry decision makers for feedback.
Delivered online, wherever you are
To facilitate training during these uncertain times, QME created a distinct Microsoft Teams-based collaboration space for delegates to log on, gain insights into improving skills, and be coached by a leading practitioner. This enabled the course to be studied within a browser, or through downloading the Microsoft Teams app for PC, Android, or iOS.
This course offered delegates:
- Three months of access to training videos, detailed handouts, and slide decks.
- One week of live video workshops and coaching sessions, to collaborate on activities, answer questions and address issues faced.
- The opportunity to hone a pitch over the course of the week and deliver it to industry professionals in our mock pitch-fest.
- The chance to gain more experience and understand how to get more out of Microsoft Teams.
- Additional group and 1-to-1 coaching.
- Upskilling furloughed staff.
For more information on this course or any other training needs, get in touch today.
This course was tailored to our specific needs. Our coach was able to make sure we understood the topics and materials. We were coming with no experience or knowledge, yet it was easy to follow and understand the course.